- This place is a dream.
- Only a sleeper considers it real.
- The dust of many crumbled cities
- settles over us like a forgetful doze,
- but we are older than those cities…
- Humankind is being led along an evolving course,
- through this migration of intelligences,
- and though we seem to be sleeping,
- there is an inner wakefulness
- that directs the dream,
- and that will eventually startle us back
- to the truth of what we are.
- Let the beauty we love be what we do.
- There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.
What are you going to do about it when the world comes undone?
[ edit ]
Ansel - "Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within." --James Baldwin
Bryan - How does your spirit stay so strong, in the midst of all this war? I want you to teach me to hold the center, to feel that balance.
Cristobal - I am such a voyeur. But then, you like being admired, don't you?
Hjalmar - ... I. Um. Words. Brain. What?
Skully - I owe you a great deal. I hope to repay it. For now... you have my trust.
Sergei - Teach, if you will, and I'll learn.
Beckett - Curiouser and curiouser... maybe we can help each other.
Iris - Like a breath of fresh air, just with an intimidating level of rank and experience.
Katrina - I'm sorry.
Anyu - I like friends. I can't actually talk coherently around some of them, but... friends are good?
Branton - Leaps tall buildings in a single bound. But there's wisdom hidden under... whatever that was about.
Tae-il - Walk safe. It's dangerous to know too much.
Ratsputin - Thank you for letting me fight at your side.
Waziyata - I know it's a long shot. But someday I would like to earn the chance to help you, somehow.
Valentina - Thank you for making me feel a little less out of place.
Libby - Hopefully I can learn some of that balance.
Mikael - Way too pretty. Must be seraph blood or something. If that's a thing. Is that a thing?
Adora - If steampunk had angels...
Nicholas - "There is no death, only a change of worlds."
[ edit ]
Gishkaati Chandrabha Bellecourt
Pagan and folk musician, singer/songwriter, yoga instructor
And while I stood there I saw more than I can tell,
and I understood more than I saw,
for I was seeing in a sacred manner the shapes of things in the spirit...
[ edit ]
- Music: Kaati (a.k.a. Cedar) is a singer and guitarist, playing at coffeeshops and bars either alone or with others. She's a member of Greenrise, a pagan acoustic group that pulls influences from folk, kirtan, world music, and fringe/pagan artists like Tina Malia and Suzanne Sterling. When she performs alone, Cedar plays a wide-ranging blend of covers as well as some of her own songs. Much of that music is inspiring, hopeful stuff, about love and compassion, about nature, about raising voices and changing the world. She's very interested in the local arts scene, in alternative venues and performing styles, and she's looking to collaborate with any and all.
- PTSD: Those who have served in the military or worked with those with PTSD might recognize some of her behaviors as symptoms.
- Pagan: Kaati is a devout pagan, a priestess for a local coven of like-minded people, and interested in all sorts of occult subjects. She grew up as part of the Reclaiming Collective, and she's put out word to Reclaiming as well as to university pagan groups, the Covenant of the Goddess, and a few other forums, letting others know that she's building a circle for healing work in the city of Prospect. In addition, she's trying to become involved in local green activism, having been raised in a religion where activism and faith go hand in hand.
- Caregiver: Need help? Kaati believes in those small acts of kindness. Though she's light on funds herself, she has been known to distribute peanut butter sandwiches to the homeless, volunteer at soup kitchens, and give her last dollar to a kid who needs bus fare. Interestingly enough, though... she seems to know when someone's trying to con her. And she sometimes finds the people who need help and don't say anything.
- Hangouts: Museums, coffee shops, occult hotspots and parks are favorite places. And the ocean. Always, always the ocean. These are the most likely places to find her, if she isn't at home or working. She goes dancing as well, and frequents some pretty edgy clubs.
- Spirit Speaker: Kaati is linked somehow to the spirit world. The Gauntlet is slightly weaker in her presence, and she often has her awareness open. She also speaks with spirits regularly. The Umbrood sometimes recognize that she is one who can see and hear them, and they might try to interact if they need something. Spirits, medicine workers, and other Awakened will likely pick up a vibe of "hawk" around her, and even regular folks will notice it in her eyes sometimes, or the way she tilts her head. Her Totem is well-respected among those of the Gaian sort, as part of Falcon's brood.
- Community and Charity: Kaati is getting in touch with local nonprofits, trying to decide where to donate her time if she can scrape together some volunteer hours.
- Native American: Kaati's clearly got some interesting ethnicity going on, but isn't *obviously* Native American. Hard to pin down or not, she is a member of the White Earth Band of Ojibwe. She shows up fairly regularly at the local branch of the North American Indian Association, making time to volunteer with elders whenever she can. She'll usually attend any protest or rally related to Native American issues. She speaks fluent Anishinaabemowin (the Ojibwe language), and maintains contact with Odawa, Ojibwe and Potawatomi on the White Earth rez and several others. Though not raised on the rez, she spent roughly a year at White Earth, and has visited Pine Ridge and several other prominent reservation communities and holy sites.
[ edit ]