Where did the Raven begin, then? It is not certain that even he would know, if asked about it. A forest, of course. Dense, deep and dark. Wyld. But was it up north, in Canada? Or was it further south, in what is called the US of A? He would not be able to tell you. To him, nations and borders did not exist outside of a ravens claimed territory. But he does know that once his Spirit Egg hatched and his First Change happened, it was to a small town in the USA that his Mentor took him. Where his life as a Corax begun truly.
For all of his life, he has been a bit of an elitist. It was not something he was taught. It was simply something he fell into, naturally. Having gone through his Change, he gained a new sentience and understanding of life. And he came to see upon his own race as Magnificent. They could fly. The skies were theirs and along with it, the freedom to go anywhere. It coloured his view of those that were bound to the ground. To the dirt. With age, with Recognition of his deeds, came a change of heart. Deeds come with experience, and experience gives Wisdom. But he has never dropped the viewpoint that there is nothing as Magnificent as a Corax.
He was born a raven and prefers his natural form, but he has been known to sometimes, albeit very seldom, take to the ground as a human. In those instances, he calls himself "Royan" and claims to be a vagabond, a man of the road. But the Raven also goes by many other names. To most of the Garou, he is an unknown. But to some, to the favoured few, he would be called "Swift Wing upon the High Wind", which is the very name that he chose for himself.
But by those truly honored, he would be called "Hrafn". It is a name that he has taken to heart, as an honorific by those that he would call the closest of allies. To date, the only ones he would ever allow to call him this are the original members of the Frostbite Pack, minus its original Alpha.
- A Corax - He is one of the Fera, a Corax.
- Fera - Are you Fera? He is known to chat up Fera from time to time!
- Garou - He is also known to be friendly towards the Garou, and visits the Caern.
- Secrets - He is one that can find out the dark secrets of your foes.
- Theft - Does the Great Enemy have something needing retrieved? He can surely help.
- The Spirits - The Umbra is a place of wonders and sights. And Ravens!
- Anti-Birdrepellent Activism - Do you hate bird repellent technology too?
- Fnord - Did you hear something?
- A Fetish tied into the fabric of space and time is delivered to the Longhouse at Ravenscar, home of the Frostbite Pack. The pack and their Corax ally "Swift Wing upon the High Wind (aka Hrafn)" is transported back in time to the late 1800s, where they meet Jase "Feather Picks-the-Lock" of the Ravenfolk. The brave "Hrafn" and his Garou allies are alerted to a powerful Wyrm Aspect existing in this era, (possibly due to the 2nd War of Rage) that historically was defeated by the then 13 Tribes. "Hrafn" is then privately told of a more direct threat, by Jase "Feather Picks-the-Lock", and the Raven decides to help. (Logs: Lassie Never Had It This Bad With Timmy & Mirror, Mirror)
- Late in the night, the Great Enemy attacks. The Wyrms minions fall upon the Ravenscar and sends everyone scattering. A great battle within the building drives everyone out into the open. (Log: Devil's Night). Scattered all over, "Hrafn" goes after his Ravenkin ally and the fleeing children, only to be beset upon by a large, powerful Bane. With the help of the Devil's Own pack and Aldric, the bane is vanquished. But in the aftermath, the Ravenkin and the children are gone. (Log: Devil's Night III)
- Lead to Prospect by clues, Devil's Own and Frostbite divide and go to different locations. While the Frostbite get busy tangling with some undead varmints, "Swift Wing" comes upon a Corax who appears to have sworn loyalty to a new Master, forsaking her vow to Raven and Helios. Overcome by Rage at this atrocity, he gives chase and with a violence that shocks the other Corax, subdues her. "Night's Wing", as she is called, is brought bound and gagged to the Frostbite where she is interrogated. "Swift Wing" then takes off to find some other Corax to deliver her too, for Judgement before Parliament. (Log: The Saloon)
- Having found another Corax to pawn "Night's Wing" off to, "Swift Wing" rejoins the Frostbite with Friends. The group has located a train on which "Feather Picks the Lock", his mate and the children they protect are being held on. A battle ensues with minions of the Wyrm and the day is won, the children saved. (Log: The Train Heist). Unfortunately, "Swift Wing" fails yet again to steal someone's eye while they are still breathing.
- The train is derailed, the children and their guardians saved! "Swift Wing" and allies flee an oncoming storm full of Banes on a Stagecoach. A harrowing battle ensues, driving the group to a ghost town where they take shelter. (Log: The Stagecoach Chase)
- Thinking they might be safe in the ghost town, the storm gains in strength. It shows its full face, a terrifying monster, and sends all its minion banes on the heroes. The battle looks lost as the storm sucks them up inside. At the last moment, an unlikely ally comes to their aid. It pulls them from the storm and, after a brief reunion, sends them back to 2019. (Logs: The Last Stand)
Birth to 2013
- Royan is hatched a raven somewhere in the region of Minnesota. The maker of his Spirit Egg at the time was Truman "Five Feathers", homid born (deceased), and witnessed by "Stonebeak" of the Corvid breed (deceased). But it was his Spirit Egg Guardian whom he came to have a strong bond with. This particular Corax was of the homid breed and named Ronnie "Flies Far". He was a Raven of many talents, the first face seen upon the First Change. The young "Swift Wing" (he was given the human name Royan by "Flies Far") took to following him around and observing how the man moved and acted as a human being. While young "Swift Wing" was mentored by any Corax he came to happen upon, as is their way, he always ended up seeking "Flies Far" out for lessons.
- "Flies Far" eventually loses his faith in the world and towards the end begins to talk about the glittering lights in the darkness of the Deep Umbra. Not long after, he becomes one of the Sun-Lost and disappears. "Swift Wing" has vowed to one day find the fate of his former Egg Guardian.
- A mean ol' Corax decides that "Swift Wing" is far to inexperienced, so he sends him off to the Amazons to learn how to really dodge the bullet(s) (figuratively and literally).
2014 to 2017
- Royan "Swift Wing" of the Corax arrive to Prospect from a tour in the Amazon (where he found Bob, his Spirit Familiar). He finds it a very boring place. He leaves, returning to the Amazon just a year later. But for the most part, the fledgling Corax flies all over North and South America, listening and watching the world of men. Learning and understanding. He never progresses much during these years, always arriving late to finding information or something secretive of worth.
- "Swift Wing" returns to Prospect, done with exploring the American continents. He still finds it very boring and so he leaves again, this time heading east, across the Atlantic and to Europe where he explores more.
January to June
- "Swift Wing" remains in Europe, exploring the old world and having some adventures; learning from the few Corax there he comes across. But soon, he is drawn back to America and so he sets his eyes West.
- Royan returns to Prospect yet again. He now has earned the name "Swift Wing upon the High Wind" while traveling West to the coast and this time he decides to stay. This is where he meets Aaryn "Guides the Dead" of the Get of Fenris. She is properly awed by his majestic presence and so he adopts her as his "Raven-Steed". She introduces him to her newly formed pack, the Frostbite. Pretty soon, he adopts them all as his own Warpack, to lead them to victorious deeds; the way only a Child of Raven can. In respect, they give him the name "Hrafn".
- A vision in the night shows the past. "Hrafn" and the Fenrir find that Ravenscar was the site of something bad. They summon a spirit of earth and find out that Ravenscar was once Raven's Rock and the home of another Child of Raven. A powerful storm of unnatural origins ended the site and the Raven, named "Feather Picks-the-Lock", disappeared. (Log: Summoning the Past).
- The Frostbite Pack and Devil's Own Pack brings "Hrafn" along with them on a dangerous journey to the Umbral Realm of Mars; Nerigals domain. He survives the trip, much to his own surprise. Bob almost does not forgive him for bringing him along to such a horrible place! (Logs: Fury Road Pt 1, Fury Road Pt 2, Fury Road Pt 3, Orrery Adventures: Nerigal, Orrery Adventures: Nerigal (Pt2), Orrery Adventures: Fury Road)
- Frostbite brings "Hrafn" along to the Sept of the Troll-Hunter in a place full of snow, cold and little sun. Its for a wedding! What can possibly go wrong? Well, in the end, a lot of things. An attack by a Giant Corrupted Troll lead to the revealing of a Corrupted Metis Black Fury. (Log: Trollslayer)
- Returning from the Sept of the Troll-Hunter, more information is found out about Ravenscar. An old clock is delivered which turns out to be a Time Machine! Without any fear whatsoever, the brave Raven goes in! The raven and his Garou allies are transported back to the 1800's where they meet "Feather Picks-the-Lock", a Corax that operates a railroad service for orphans from the 2nd War of Rage. (Log: The House With A Clock In Its Walls)
- After a wild adventure in 1881, "Hrafn" and his Frosty allies return to present day Prospect. Now, they get busy setting up a Norse Ting; a sort of Mini Moot, as it was described to the Corax. Meanwhile, trouble stirs as some Fera call for attacks upon the Garou after the death of a Bastet at the hands of a Garou Kinfolk.
- Returned from 1881, life calms down a bit. "Hrafn" is worried about his choice in delivering "Night's Wing" to the Parliament, an act that saw her executed by local Garou.
- Having done enough wise deeds, "Hrafn" travels to Parliament where he is acknowledged as Neocornix on Oct 27th 2019.
- "Hrafn" laments his decision to deliver "Night's Wing" to Parliament in 1881. In a vision, he was given the truth of her fate; execution at the hands of the Garou of the Time. This after Parliament had given judgement, handing her over. He regrets his deed, feeling she might have been saved and is feeling anger along with the regret.
- Stormy times surround his Frostbite allies as they see their Alpha leave. Garou Politics send the Garou society in momentary turmoil and "Hrafn" watches his allies suffer.
- Following the lead of some Wyrm tainted Chocolate treats found by "Xenovia", "Hrafn" takes lead and tracks down the culprit. Finding the shop and a bound Fomori producing tainted sugar, the bird dispatches and Cleanses the area. (Log: Chocolate Sneezles)
- A month of darkness and reflection goes by silently, quietly. But as Yule approaches and Midwinter celebrations start up, "Hrafn" is invited to participate in the wedding between "Guides the Dead" and her mate "Theron" at the Ravenscar. With dark thoughts still looming in his mind regarding his involvement with the demise of "Night's Wing", this is a welcome respite from such dire thoughts.
- The new year arrived without much fanfare. What does, after all, a raven born Corax care about the changes of the years? 2019, 2020.. it's just another number humans made up. So he trucked on, with all things still quiet around him. Too quiet. Too much on his mind about past ghosts, whispering in his mind. And on the horizon, another Parliament was looming.
- With his mind still in somewhat turmoil, "Hrafn" leaves Prospect to attend Parliament on the 27th of January. Stories, facts and gossip is shared before the deeds of Corax are discussed and acknowledged. "Hrafn" moves up a few branches, now seen as Ales by his fellow Corax.
- Things start off slow, to then take a sad turn. His closest friends and allies among the Garou, "Micah Hunts-the-Shadow" and "Aaryn Guides-the-Dead" are called away from Prospect and leave for an undetermined amount of time. Silence falls over the lands of Hildisvini and the Frostbite Packlands, where "Hrafn" also nests.
- Silence has claimed the lands of Hildisvini. "Hrafn" remains, roosting in the large oak tree, former Parliament Oak of the Corax of Ravenscarn. Waiting. Looking to the Spirit, looking to the stars.
- Complete silence. The lands of Hildisvini has only echoes of better times. Once more, "Hrafn" takes to the skies of Prospect however he finds no solace there. Again, he looks to the shiny stars of the deep Umbra.
- For a brief moment, the silence of Hildisvini lands is broken by the voices of talk. A brief moment of respite to drown out the echoes of the past.
- Silence. Once more, the dull lull of silence falls over "Hrafns" life and he spends more and more time just soaring the skies high above Prospect; looking to the sky. To the Stars.
- Much of the month goes by without much fanfare. Towards the end, "Hrafn" catches wind of a call for help by a new name. He finds a group of Garou having come to the mans aid as well, where they investigate a strange outbreak of Wyld energies. Addendum: The site was not a danger to anyone and has turned out to be a new safe place to hang out and soak up the Wyld energies.
- The month comes and the month goes. Silence falls over "Hrafns" roost.
- Another month come and goes. The time passes too quickly. Should he stay or should he go?
- Over the horizon, there are new things. But October was not the month to go find them. Perhaps the stars will have the answers.
- When spirits are at their lowest, when the darkness wins out over the sunlight, a mission falls upon "Hrafn" to do. A scouting mission for the Garou to the Abundant Waters Sept, fallen to the enemy, concludes and a report given (Log: Abundant Waters, Reporting a Journey to Journey, Mushrooms, Reports and Earrings)
- November comes to an end with light and warmth. "Hrafn" happens upon a small Thanksgiving celebration the Ravenscarn with many new faces attending. This happens after returning from a brief Parliament up north, where his deeds were recognised and he earned the rank Volucris.
- December starts, and there was silence; times seem grim.
- "Hrafn" happens upon a the Berserker "Theron" and a strange Raven. Seemed a normal raven at first, but turned out to be some sort of Witchy Kinfolk to Fenris Chosen. She claimed at being Valkyrie. "Hrafn" pretended to know what the heck they were talking about. They also claim one of Fenris Chosen had a Corax mother. The shock forced "Hrafn" to take to the skies for a few days.
- For the humans, the year ticks over. December turns into January and with that the year turns into 2021. "Hrafn" is not sure what to do about it, but he had a heck of a time flying around trying to bat fireworks out of the sky before they went off. Good training!
- January remains silent. Quiet. The skies appear to be slumbering.
- The month starts dramatically! "Hrafn" finds one of his Kinfolk badly injured. Lacking the ability to heal him, he wraps him up and takes to the skies, to find a veterinarian. He comes across one, alone one of the woodland roads, before he has to go all the way to the city.
- The woman treating his Kinfolk turns out belong to a small group of Garou and Fera. "Hrafn" decides he owes them a debt for his Kinfolk being saved and goes back to learn more about them.
- "Hrafn" calls upon the Human Kinfolk of his old Mentor "Flies Far" as well as those descendants of "Feather Picks-the-Lock" which he tracked down. He calls upon a number of them to come to Ravenscar, to take up the Deed of the Land and maintain it in the name of Raven, Helios, Fenris and Hildisvini.
- "Hrafn" happens upon Lindsey and Lyric in the City, in the dark and shadows. They are giving assist to one of Lyrics Kinfolk and "Hrafn" assists a little bit by being a guard through the night.
- "Hrafn" attends a Gathering at the Wolf Sanctuary, hosted by Lindsey of the Wolves. Many come. Much food. The human Kinfolk to the wolves, who saved his Kinfolk, tries a few new nicknames for him. Not sure they stick fully! But for now, he starts to refer to himself as "Swift Wing upon the High Wind" once more, as the old nickname fades into the mists with "Frostbite".
- "Junior", the raven kinfolk of "Swift Wing upon the High Wind", takes a shine to his human rescuer. He begins to roost by the Sanctuary and with him, a portion of his new raven Kinfolk decides it is a good place to roost as well.
- "Hrafn" meets a new Corax that comes to Prospect. Or was he always here? He claims the name "Deals" and for that, he will be made fun of! Until his name grows longer. Can't be flashy without a flashy name!
- Jeez. April already? What's with all the eggs all over the place? With the coming of April and the changing of the Season, "Hrafn" decides enough time has passed. It is time he stops referring to himself by the name given to him by his closest of allies. Once more, he will keep thinking of himself by his real name, "Swift Wing upon the High Wind".
- There was a lot of activity at the place the Garou call the Kinfolk House. Some new Kinfolk had arrived, claiming she had power over weak males. I truly could not see what in Helios blue sky that would be. She seemed popular though. Lots of men came around to talk to her!
- As May starts, "Swift Wing upon the High Wind" sees signs in the sky. Signs in the land. An idea forms. A strange, potentially deadly idea. But he is confident he will succeed.
- "Swift Wing upon the High Wind" follows the signs. He sets off to track down his quarry, one of the Get of Fenris, formerly of the Frostbite Pack. In a daring and hairbrained operation, he steals from him a powerful Fetish, to reclaim the glory and honor of Hildisvini! (Log: Corax Mind Tricks & Hijinks)
- Helios shines. Don't fly too high, or you will be burned.
- Silence falls upon the lands.
- "Swift Wing upon the High Wind" takes up roosting at Ravenscar, not leaving for a while.
- Ravenscar takes on an air of brooding and gloom.
- As November starts, there is word of a large group of Ravens flying into the area. "Swift Wing upon the High Wind" takes to the skies to find them.
- The group, calling themselves Grapevine, are found at "Deals" Fleamarket. Early introductions are made, but some of the group appear .. flighty.
- "Swift Wing upon the High Winds" approaches "Deals" about some very important things. He asks "Deals" to be the Witness to his Rite of the Fetish Egg. "Deals" accepts.
- "Swift Wing upon the High Wind" gets together with "Deals" to perform the Rite of the Fetish Egg. The Ritual is successful and "Deals" also takes on the responsibility to be the Spirit Eggs Guardian. To this task, "Swift Wing upon the High Wind" dedicates the Frost Klaive he named "Frostbite" as Guardian Weapon for as long as the Egg has to be guarded. (LOG: It Takes Two To Make An Egg)
- "Swift Wing upon the High Wind" comes across a Kinfolk in her home, one whom he has only seen once before. Noticing her trees are awakened, he decides to invite himself to visit her. Upon visitation, he is given a quest by the Awakened old Oak named "Vale" by "Tinlin". He's asked to save one of their own. He sets out to do so, finding an old Tree overlooking a valley, corrupted by the tendrils of the Wyrm. "Swift Wing upon the High Wind" breaks the madness of the tree, saving a fellow Corax trapped in its vines and cleanses them both. (LOG: Vales Quest)
- How else do you end a month? How else do you mark such an occasion? For "Swift Wing upon the High Wind", it was a month to remember. It ends with a Parliament, at which he is recognised as Corvus. He returns to Prospect as Corvus "Swift Wing upon the High Wind", to where his allies are. Where his Egg is. Where his Legacy is built.
- New strange sights are spotted in the forest, creatures before not seen there. Curiosity takes over. A person made out of rock. Most peculiar, most interesting. Friendly, but an ally? Who can tell, but time and Helios. Helios sees all under the sky.
- As things go quiet around Prospect and the new Rock Friend no longer seen around the area, "Swift Wing upon the High Wind" takes to the skies. He starts to get a longing for travel and so he heads north along the coast.
- Returning only sparingly to Ravenscar, "Swift Wing upon the High Wind" continues his flights. Having assisted some local Garou up north among the trees and snow, he then heads east and inland to see what movements are happening.
- "Swift Wing upon the High Wind" returns, always, to Ravenscar. If not only to make sure that "Deals" is still alive and their Egg protected, then to make sure his Kinfolk are doing alright. But for now, he flies East once more.
- Returning back home to Ravenscar, "Swift Wing upon the High Wind" decides to remain in Prospect once more. Word has it that a lot of new Cliaths are showing up in the area around the Garou Sept of Enduring Spirit. With Cliaths come more eyes to drink as they fight to prove themselves.
- Running across a group of Fianna, "Swift Wing upon the High Wind" agrees to act as their eyes in the sky for an important mission to the Home Sept of the Fianna in the Silver Tara. An easy mission indeed, for one of Corvus rank among the Corax. Much was learned, now needed to be brought back to the Fianna.
(d) for Departed. Either left, died or disappeared.
Congress (Surfin Bird)
Ridley - I met you. Once. What was your name? We never got to introduce ourselves!
Kendrick - Deals. 'k? Deal with it!
Mariska (d) - Birdie, Daughter of Raven, Child of Helios. Departed for friendlier skies.
Tiberius - Did the computers eat you? Grapevine left?
Lenore - Birdie, here and gone! Grapevine left?
The Frostbite of Hildisvini (Raise your Horns)
Sten - Stormhowler, Son of Fenris, Hornblower
Aaryn (d) - Guides the Dead, Daughter of Fenris, Raven Steed & Most trusted ally!
Micah (d) - Hunts the Shadow, Son of Fenris, Tank Handler, Marked by Raven & Most trusted ally!
Greyson (d) - Tiny person. Mini-Aaryn. Fenrir in training & Keeper of Ravens.
The Shifters of Prospect Wolf Rescue and Sanctuary (Bohemian Rapsody)
Lyric - Just try to sneak up on me. I dare you!
Nathan - It's a one of those 'stare into the sky but see little' Garou! He seems OK though.
Lindsey (d) - Sister to Nathan. She healed and nursed my Kinfolk. I am in her debt.
Vincent (d) - You forgot to hit snooze?
Birds of a Feather Flock Together (Stand up and Fight)
Theron - Berserker, Kin of Fenris
Tinlin - Keeper of the Talking Oak. Kinfolk?
Erin - Friend of Spiders? Did not seem to like Bob.
Branton - Helios Stamped and Approved
Iris - Keeper of String Theory
Jes (d) - Fellow singer! Sing with me, Wolfy friend! Brother of Isla
Miguel - Hammertime cat. He's yet to flaunt his secrets.
Xenovia - Has yet to challenge my dominion of the skies.
By the Roadside (A Foreign Road)
Bieta (d) - Elżbieta, Friend of Vagabonds
Barking up the Wrong Tree (F****d with an Anchor (Advisory: Offensive, NSFW))
Aldric (d) - Ironsides with a heart of ice. You lost an ally. As did I.
Magnus (d) - Something Something Fenris. You fool!
Zyler (d) - Kraaaa! Kra kraaaa caw caw kraaaa!!
I Greet Thee Helios, Bringer of Light