Jump to navigation Jump to search
Janneke "JJ" Johansen
|Full Name:||Janneke Johansen|
|Fae Name:||Juniper Jupiter|
|Occupation:||Instrument repair, innkeeper|
|Hair Color:||Light brown|
|Played by:||Emily Van Camp|
After you went through your Chrysalis, you had a birthday, and then another, and then another. Something was strange however - you didn't seem to be growing or getting older. You are touched with a vestige of the immortality that used to be the birthright of all fae.
JJ's higher purpose ties into her belief that somewhere, there is a treasure that sings to every faerie soul.
Her Jack of all Trades Merit comes from her tendency to randomly attend community college or adult-learning classes when the whim strikes her, just because she loves to learn. She may be something of a homebody, but damnit, a home should have a proper *library* in it!
You’re a naturally curious person, your curiosity easily overriding your common sense.
You believe that human life is a sacred gift, and will not take a person's life except in the most extreme of circumstances.
bushy Boggan brows that she has 'done' weekly to ensure they remain at least *somewhat* tame
"They're going to write on my tombstone, 'Died saving a Sidhe,' and that won't do. Not at all."
—JJ, on Casimir's Dream Dance
—JJ to Caressa
—JJ, on Casimir's Dream Dance
"Honey, sometimes the best medicine is being bitchy."
Wanna know more?
- Plays the bass guitar
- Favorite color: aqua
- Has a weekly appointment with her brow stylist. Yes, weekly.
JJ's views on:
- Arcadian Sidhe: Don't get me started. I remember the War.
- Bygones: Dragons? DRAGONS?! Oh, PLEASE, YES!!!
- Changelings: We are the Dream, and the Nightmare. It falls to us to be that to the world around us, mortal and prodigal alike.
- Commoners: The true lifeblood of the fae. We are the dreams of the common man, the imaginings of the people who make up this world. We are legion.
- Kinain: Our families can mean so much to us, in some cases, and our Kinain, more so, because they can comprehend something of who and what we are.
- Mortals: The minds into which Dreams are born. Value the ones who can spin Glamour into being with their passions.
- Nobles: Most of them aren't worth the breath they steal to exist.
- Prodigals: I've met some and found them pleasant and interesting -- I want to learn more. There's so much yet to know.
- I Love It Loud: JJ is very much a child of the rock n' roll era, with a real love for loud music of many kinds, particularly anything released between the late 60s and the early 00s. Her shop, Detonation Boulevard, is the result of a lot of years of collecting memorabilia and selling online. This is her first brick-and-mortar business, and she's very excited to serve the public, or at least, to meet people with similar interests and sell them cool stuff.
- Make it sing again: She can fix and restore musical instruments, so long as you don't ask too much about her methods and let her work in peace. She takes real joy in bringing the song back into a damaged instrument, no matter what sort.
- Nothin' says lovin' like somethin' from the oven: JJ, typically, loves to cook. It's a great source of potential conversation. It's a hobby, but she does enjoy sharing her baked goods at the shop from time to time.
- Pass the crystal, spread the tarot: Want a tarot reading, or a look at your future through the Futhark runes? JJ is more than capable of giving you insight and good advice as a card-and-rune-reader.
- Wandering Dreams: She is the innkeeper behind Rêves Errants, the pub-slash-crash-space opened in February 2023 for wandering fae in the Lost in Time Market.
- Remembered Nightmares: JJ has nightmares from the Accordance War and her participation therein; she remembers flashes, enough to give her genuine anger about the things she knows, and to make her resent Arcadian Sidhe. Her future in a Duchy in upheaval, where Freeholds are left fallow and without leadership, is only making that worse. Exploring the truths in this will be a potential source of change and growth.
- Seeing things: There is a real question in her as to whether she will offer to serve as a Court Seer again, despite her past with that role in many other places. Her service to a Court has been a problem in the past, and she really doesn't want to do it again.
- Stepping up as a commoner leader: JJ is a bit too soft-hearted to lead, in some ways, but her prior life has the steel in her backbone that would allow her to lead effectively.
- Billy Joel, "Vienna"
- Chicago, "Saturday in the Park"
- Collective Soul, "Shine"
- David Bowie, "Heroes"
- Faith No More, "We Care a Lot"
- Foo Fighters, "Learn to Fly"
- Funkadelic, "Free Your Mind (and Your Ass Will Follow)"
- Kiss, "I"
- The Mission UK, "Tower of Strength"
- Ozzy Osbourne, "Believer"
- Simon & Garfunkel, "For Emily, Wherever I May Find Her"
- Sisters of Mercy, "Detonation Boulevard"
- Spacehog, "In the Meantime"
Some of the folks JJ has met, and who they are to her:
- Caressa: Knowledgeable and helpful, she seems like a good friend to make.
- Clementine and Persy: I love 'em both. Fear Persy's needles (and sometimes her sharp tongue), but cherish Clem's warm welcome and wisdom. Also, follow Persy on TikTok, damnit, she needs more views! More Boggans, more goodness, more foul-mouthed plump broads!
- Dasia: I have some doubts about her manners and her House, but hell, at least she's an Eshu noble, not an Arcadian. As I talk to her, I like her more, though I do feel she's a little shallow.
- Deirdre: She's got a manic sense of humor much like Kieran, and she's someone I enjoy spending time with -- plus it's nice to see one of her kind around and about. Plus, her ship is a beauty!
- Erin: She's very sweet, has an adorable baby, and she seems so *smart* -- you can't beat a Nocker for knowing how to Make Stuff(tm)!
- Jenny: A podcaster who's down to fight the system -- gotta love that, gotta inspire that!
- Kieran: Manic axemeister who brings trouble in her wake, in a way that makes you happy about it. She's like the living embodiment of a slam pit. Needless to say, I like her lots.
- Massa: I have a feeling that hanging around with him would be dangerous to my morals but a whole lot of fun. Plus, he's adorable!
- Oswald: He's the size of three of me! Sweet baby Jeebus, he's huge. Nice, too. And it turns out, he's incredibly skilled at adventuring... a big ol' hero!
- Sark: An honest-to-Dán dragon! He's so well-spoken, and terribly nice as well. I'd never have expected a dragon to be so friendly! My new Bygone friend, always welcome at Rêves Errants.
- Sebastian: Quiet, dark, and slim, sharp-witted and fun. He's great for quiet snarkery. Dunno what to do about Rosa, but she seems to hate ME and not Sebastian, so... UGH, drama, I swear. I hope we can get past this. His quiet is good for my soul.
- Trevor: A lovely voice, and a pleasant personality, thus far. Will have to get to know him better.
- Wulfra: Another dragon! I am so delighted to see dragons coming back! It was my honor to give her aid when she needed it.
- 2023.02.02 Imbolc
- 2023.02.09 Flea Market Treasures
- 2023.02.16 Flea Market Treasures Part 2
- 2023.02.23 Flea Market Treasure Hunt 3: Enter the Dragon
- 2023.02.26 Converging on Witches' Brew
- 2023.03.01 Yacht Party
- 2023.03.02 Flea Market Treasure Hunt 4: Into the Woods
- 2023.03.04 Juniper and Lamplight
- 2023.03.05 Going to Cool Places With You
- 2023.03.08 Grand Opening, Rêves Errants
- 2023.03.10 A Tea Interlude
- 2023.03.12 Operation Clambake
- 2023.03.13 Faerie Swarm
- 2023.03.15 Lunch and Lost Dreams
- 2023.03.15 Dude, Where's My Robe?
- 2023.03.16 The Price of a Kiss
- 2023.03.17 Damon's Dream Dance
- 2023.03.18 Wulfra Arrives
- 2023.03.19 Ostara - Orchard Covenstead
- 2023.05.06 Erin’s Yacht Christening
- 2023.05.25:Let's Make Some Music