Owner and innkeeper
[[Category:Rêves Errants]]Add this in the header of the wiki page for your RE logs, and they will appear here!
Rêves Errants means 'wandering dreams,' and that's what this homey place is designed to serve.
Found just outside the Rhapsody Freehold, in the Lost in Time Market, this haven is meant as a welcoming home in the Dreaming for wanderers among the Fae, Kinain, chimera, and Bygones. It offers inexpensive (or free, to the indigent) crash space, food and drink, and a lively and welcoming common room that encourages storytelling by the fire, singing, dancing, and all manner of creativity and camaraderie. Want to catch up on gossip from other parts of Concordia or Pacifica? Want to meet Kithain from other places? Bored with the same old things? Come and visit, and meet new friends!
- The peace will be kept by the staff. Put aside all conflicts at the door -- this is a homey space with no room for fighting.
- New Chrysalids eat, drink, and sleep for free until they find a mentor.
- Kith and Kin who are in dire need of a place to sleep, a meal, or some small form of help can ask for JJ and get some aid. This place offers the Right of Rescue directly.
- The Sluagh Salad with its artfully wilted greens and delicate slices of rotting carrot and softened mushrooms is well-regarded
- The Nuts N' Bolts is a chili base of meat and beans mixed with washers, screws, nails, and other small bits of metal for flavor.
- Raw meat and fish is available for predatory Pooka and other fae.
- More mundanely, the daily options include one stew or hearty bowl-style meal, one hot soup, two types of sandwiches, some sort of seafood fresh-caught, and a hot meal like meat loaf or pot pie available, as well as the always-available burgers, fries, fresh-cut potato chips, and grilled cheese. All food options are good quality and relatively inexpensive.
- Drinks include hot and cold options: coffee, tea, soft drinks, juices of the day, faerie-brewed beers and faewines.
- Desserts change daily, but usually include muffins, scones, croissants, and miniature cakes. All desserts, teas, and baked goods are provided by A Spoonful of Sugar in Prospect, CA.
If you want to sing for your supper, the staff will often swap food or lodging for skilled performers. (Relevant skill of 3+) While musicians are the most common sort of entertainer, RE welcomes storytellers, actors, jugglers, acrobats, and yes, even mimes. Guests, please refrain from throwing things at the mimes.
While Rêves does not have its own Balefire, it is within a freehold that does. Any Changeling in need of Rescue can ask for aid from the staff here. Note that the staff are informed that it's a hand-up, not a hand-out; people who take advantage will be cut off from help. JJ is kind and giving, but not a sucker.
- Anyone who cannot afford a meal or a bed, please speak to staff. We care for our own, and we promise to be respectful and discreet.
- To fulfill the charitable purpose of our inn, we also run an exchange of new voile or crafted, barterable items for meals and service among local merchants as well as Dross. We hope to keep a small stock of clean Voile, clothing for the Autumn World, and other necessary items for Kithain or Kinain in need. Other needed items from the Autumn world like toiletries can be provided upon request.
- JJ has a policy that Bygones who wind up here are to be given help to get back on track as well. It is the owner's belief that Bygones are the most obviously in-need of Prodigals in the modern world, and if they end up here, they are to be aided if there is need.
- Servers (NPC):
Polly, blonde Boggan wilder with a sassy but friendly demeanor
Gregori, dark and brooding Sluagh wilder who never forgets an order
- Barkeep (NPC):
Evelyn, friendly and no-nonsense Grump Troll from elsewhere in Concordia, who also doubles as a bouncer and manager.
- Cook (NPC):
Bart Lightfinger, Boggan grump short-order-cook and chef
- Security (NPC):
Steeltooth, female Redcap grump who's seen a lot of shit in her days
Karl the Short, male 6'9" Troll grump, Steeltooth's husband
- Shop cats (NPC):
Dulcie, female calico usually found near the hearth -- spicy but sweet.
Spark, male ginger tabby usually found wandering among the tables, seeking pets.
NOTE: Any PC who would like to join the staff here should contact JJ; if you're willing to spend time in the place and foster RP, I'd be open to adding an additional staffer of some sort so long as they show up a few days a week to be available to players for RP.