Jump to navigation Jump to search
Dashiel James is a reasonably well known ( Fame 3 ) investor and former CEO of several successful companies over the last decade, mostly based in the UK, New York and Boston. He isn't a household name, but any Google search would have plenty of articles about his work. He has recently dropped all board positions and ownership in all of his most recent endeavours and moved to Prospect, looking to do something a bit different. He isn't sure exactly what that will be, but he's in no rush.
- Business - He likes to invest and manage. He came to Prospect to get away from that life-style, but still.
- Charity - Hoping to get involved in the community
- Newly Awakened - He's dealing with a major shift in reality and trying to get a grip on what it means to be a Mage
- Vault Discovery Lab - Harnessing some of Cambridge's best graduates, the Lab was funded as a place for brilliant people to have the freedom to explore ideas to improve the world. Dashiel found funding so the lab could continue to run undisturbed by outside influences. By the time he moved on to new ventures, enough valuable discoveries had come out of the lab to allow them to triple in size and have no concerns for future funding.
- Generic Aware - A small software company who built a platform targeted at low income areas struggling with drug prices. The mandate was to make the knowledge of equivalent generic drugs more well known to those who didn't understand that they could request the cheaper alternatives.
- James' Fund - Since 2012 Dashiel's investment company has funded, partially funded or helped manage over 30 different ventures. They haven't all been huge, but the success rate of the ventures has been extremely high - most are still going concerns or have been absorbed by larger companies. The funded companies are almost exclusively in areas of environmental change, healthcare improvement or societal betterment. They range from research to technology to on the ground support services.
Most of Dashiel's fame is limited to anyone who reads business journals or business sections of news papers. If someone were to read these articles, they mostly have the same theme over the years. The man could have made a lot more money - but he always chose to sell the product for too little or refused to sell off to larger companies or arranged the profit sharing generously with the employees of the company. They mostly agree that he's good at what he does, but give a lot of shade for not squeezing every dime out of his endeavours.
- Chandler - Whatever you're doing now is likely changing the world.
- Bobbi - Overflowing with expression.
- Daize - Bright spirit.
- Deidre - The ocean remains.
- Melinda Lisberg - See you in the sewers.
- River - Bubbling with life!
- Silvana - Enchanting and powerful, generous and kind.
- Thea - Remarkable for someone who is difficult to remember.
- Yvette - There is more to life than death.