Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Full Name:||Leigh Perry|
|Fae Name:||Astraleigh Peregrine|
|Occupation:||Student at UCP|
|Played by:||Kiernan Shipka|
Specialty: Mighty Blows
Specialty: Down to Earth
Specialty: One Step Ahead
There is something about your voice that others cannot ignore. When you command, they are cowed. When you seduce, they swoon. Whether thunderous, gentle, persuading or simply talking, your voice commands attention.
You are gifted with a certain magnetism to which others naturally defer.
You’re a naturally curious person, your curiosity easily overriding your common sense.
Slightly pointed ears
Your mind is extremely chaotic and unpredictable. As a result you have difficulty concentrating on any one task.
"Well, maybe a mini Kraken. A little bitty baby Kraken." She holds her fingers a few inches apart to demonstrate. "Just a wee little sprout. They don't really become a threat when they're that small, though, so we'll have to make sure the little guy grows up big and strong. And maybe we could recruit him for freehold defense."
— Peri, about the fountain in the Market—
Wanna know more?
- Skateboards: Peri's a sk8r girl, and loves her plank.
- Modern art: favorites include Kandinsky, Klee, Mondrian, Van Gogh, and other Expressionists.
- Chocolate: So far as she knows there hasn't been a kind of chocolate invented that she doesn't like, though quality matters.
Peri's views on:
- Arcadian Sidhe: Cravens and self-centered pricks for the most part, with a few rare exceptions. Most think they are entitled to what we preserved while they were shut away in Arcadia. Fuck 'em, as a general rule.
- Bygones: That some of them still exist outside the Dreaming means that our world is not completely doomed.
- Changelings: We could stave off Winter, both Seelie and Unseelie, if we never let ourselves forget that the world needs us.
- Commoners: Every Kith has a reason to exist, and a blessing. Every one of us is a Dream of something... even the Nightmares. Those who remained before and underwent the Changeling Way share more than those who escaped share with the Autumn Sidhe. Don't forget that.
- Kinain: Our blood and our life, given unto Mortal bodies. Remember that they are our strongest Dreamers.
- Mortals: Precious to us; the source of our very existence. We owe them much -- but don't think for a moment they'll be grateful for what we give them to gain Glamour. Accept the need on both sides, and be respectful as much as you can.
- Nobles: Many of them are useless sacks of shit who wouldn't know the business end of a blade unless they were trying to assassinate someone with it. Many are content to rest on their laurels. Even the Autumn sidhe often forget we have a job, and it's not to sit around looking pretty. If you're going to lead, lead from the front, and remind people that this is your birthright. Either that, or get the hell out of the way for those of us who will.
- Prodigals: Rescuing them means accepting where they have traveled since we parted ways, and learning who they are, now. I very much want to learn the ways of the Prodigals and see where they can help us with our plight -- and where we can help them with theirs.
- Idealist: Peri is somewhat well-read for her age, and definitely falls onto the side of optimism for the world overall. She wants a happier, brighter, kinder world, and at her core, believes that even the Dreaming needs to evolve and adapt to the idea of the self-governed. This may sound odd for a Knight Errant to believe, but she sees her role as more a recognition of her actions and choices than as some birthright. She's a very Autumn Sidhe, indeed. Even in her darkest moments, her dreams of tearing the system down are to make a better alternative.
- Political animal: Peri intends to go into politics in the long term, believing she can make a difference in the world. She isn't sure if she intends to run for office, or be behind the scenes, but time will tell.
- Knight errant: Peri is a wandering knight, and one of some skill in battle. She serves House Fiona by helping where a blade or a temporary leader is needed, particularly between semesters or during the summertime. She's had a great deal of adventure for someone so young, and has been doing so since she was 15 or 16. (Inattentive parents surely helped in that matter.)
- Fearless, not cheerless: House Fiona may know no fear, but they definitely know joy. She tends to be a little wild and self-indulgent in some ways, chasing fun just because. That said, she generally won't seek it at someone else's expense, and not all of her joys are edge-pushing. She avoids drugs except pot and alcohol.
- College, and then...: She still has more than two years of college to complete, and past that, a plan to go into politics, but otherwise, she tends to live for today, in the moment, and enjoy whatever life presents to her. She's a cheerful, playful sort who finds life to be full of Cool Stuff to Do.
- Love...?: Someday, she hopes to find the kind of love that lasts, and know a Trueheart, but right now, she's just having too much fun being a free spirit to tie herself down to any one person. In the interim, though, she's definitely someone who will help Truehearts to find their happily-ever-after where she can.
- Alanis Morissette, "All I Really Want"
- Black Flag, "Rise Above"
- Black Violin, "Stereotypes"
- Burning Sensations, "Pablo Picasso"
- Collective Soul, "Shine"
- Foo Fighters, "Learn to Fly"
- Jimi Hendrix, "Foxy Lady"
- Marcy Playground, "Sex and Candy"
- P!nk, "Raise Your Glass"
- Salt-N-Pepa, "None of Your Business"
- Sly & the Family Stone, "Stand"
- U2, "God Part II"
- U2, "Elevation"
People Peri's met...
- Alicia - Seems a little full of herself... no, a lot full of herself, but most of us are, let's be honest. Other than that, and being a little stuffy and disapproving, no issues.
- Dasia - Not very noble for a Princess, though I'll admit she's good at what she does.
- Deirdre - I love her fashion sense, her charm, and her sense of humor. She's also kinda hot. She is, however getting way beyond the scope with this duel -- which is probably awesome.
- Kieran - Perhaps a kindred spirit? She has a sense of humor and is ready for adventure! I like her lots. Stella's got her captured in the best way.
- Miranda - I may have met an Arcadian Noble who is actually a decent person. She comes across as a very giving 'noblesse oblige' sort, and confident without being excessively arrogant, which is welcome. I actually like her.
- Riptavian - Hilarious. At least, I hope he's hilarious and not merely serious with a manic grin.
- Sark - The first dragon I've met outside the Dreaming. He's so very nice! We're going to have a blast with Deirdre's duel. And... OMG, these dragons. SO PRETTY! SO SHINY!
- Stella - An adorable girl, Kieran's sweetie, Sark's... something? Seneschal? Really nice and a little wacky, which is perfect.
- Wulfra - OMG. WOW! What a gorgeous and impressive dragon -- she may be young but she's beautiful. Prideful, yeah... but she's a dragon, you expected humility?