||April 25, 2002
||Quiet Street Tough
|Ariah had already been plagued by random dreams and nightmares at a young age. Flashes, visions, sometimes vivid hallucinations. Born in the countryside and wineries of southern France, she was afforded a life of minor luxury and a measure of good upbringing and schooling. As the years wore on, however, the dreams and nightmares became more vivid.
Often dreams of violence and terror, she drew withdrawn during her teen years and tried to explain it away by the hormonal issues of a growing woman at 'that age.' When she turned sixteen, however, everything changed. Nightmares of war and strife, dreams of places beyond mortal ken turned into memories. Nascent thoughts come to life, she awakened from her human self and realized what she was.
This realization drove her to run. Coming to terms with herself was a long process. Two years were spent, stowing away on a cargo ship from Europe to the United States, travelling from one coast to the next and learning the language slowly and painfully as well as doing her best to survive as a homeless creature made of the stuff of dreams and nightmares.
Her travels would land her in Los Angeles around her 18th birthday. After several months of living corner to corner, street to street, she would end up meeting someone who would 'rescue' her from the City of Angels and haul her off to Prospect, the City of Hope.
- Homeless: Am I truly homeless if my home is everywhere?
- Musician: I still have my trusty guitar.
- Foreigner: Born in France, only been in the United States for two years. English is my second language.
- Farmer's Market: Busking or odd jobs for food and change.
- Prospect Roasters: Really, really, really good coffee. Among other things. I just cannot look at that damn couch for more than a few minutes. And this is coming from a...
- Changeling: Life's weird. Then so are you. And so is everything and everyone around you. At least tacos still taste like tacos. I could eat a whole taco truck. ...literally.
- War Veteran: Which one? All of them. Or maybe I'm just having dreams and flashes of past lives...
- On Foot: Don't have a car, or a bike. Might just run into me walking on the street. If you do run into me, make sure you hit me hard enough to knock me out, or you'll have regrets.
- The Veil
Short, white hair. Fair skin. Silver eyes. Colorful tattoos. The archetypical 'punk rock' girl or 'street urchin' in anime and popular media. Four foot ten, subtle curves, and looks to be in her late teens. She's got a nice smile if one gets a chance to see it with how stone-faced she is at all times. Her face is cute, however, even if it seems like there's always an air of melancholy about her. Her clothing is generally third or fourth hand punk-stylings. Leather and studs. Worn, ripped jeans. Authentic fades and rips, not the preppy store-bought shit. She can look nice sometimes, though.
Sight to Ariah's true form doesn't find any particularly drastic changes. At least, outwardly. Her skin is more pale, almost to the point of white, complimenting her hair. Her ears are elongated, pointy-tipped, twitching and moving with sounds at times. The true freakshow is what hides behind her lips. Perfectly interlocking sawtooth-like teeth and a wide maw, the hallmark of a Redcap. The stuff of nightmares, a mouthful of teeth that can rip flesh, snap bone, and gnaw through steel.
- Kithain - Fellow Changelings
- Kadet: Baroness of the Wastes. My first true friend since... waking up.
- Mundane - Because Everyone Else is Normal by Comparison
- Strength: () (Steely Grip)
- Appearance: () (Cuddly)
- Athletics: ()
- Brawl: ()
- Dodge: ()
- Poker Face
- Good Right-left Hook
- Insensible to Pain
- Past Life: ()
- Changeling's Eyes (Silver)
- Icy Demeanor
- Foreigner (French)
None as of yet... come play with me~?