|UC Prospect will transform California and a diverse global society by educating, generating and disseminating knowledge and creative works, and engaging in public service
|We will achieve our mission as a student-centered and research-oriented public university by being distinctive and by using our comparative advantage. The values that deﬁne UC Prospect create an environment and a culture where: |
- We will hold ourselves accountable to our mission, values, and goals; they will be the essence of our internal interactions, and form the foundation for our engagements locally, nationally, and globally. Our successes will be measured not only by UC Prospect’s performance but also, and more important, by its impact.
- Collaborative and interdisciplinary activities lead to unsurpassed discoveries, technologies, cures, scholarship, and creative works that advance and enrich society.
- Excellence in teaching, research, patient care, and a people- and service-oriented culture that supports learning, scholarly work, and public service are the norm.
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion enable faculty, students, and stamina to excel and provide an opportunity for all to succeed.
- Our entrepreneurial spirit leads to agility, risk-taking, and innovative approaches to solving problems and seizing opportunities. Public service, sustainability, integrity, and ethics are core principles guiding our activities.
- Carmen Vail Hall (Dormitory): This hall is a long corridor with white walls establishing the empty space between golden-pine doorframes with matching doors. The carpet was once a bright blue tone but that's since faded and traded colors with various spills, shoe-trackings, and art projects that escaped their boundaries. The walls are similarly scarred, scuffed, and marked in places. The hall is well-maintained and its blemishes capture the exuberance of prime youth rather than diminish the structure.
- Weaver Hall (Dormitory): Weaver Hall, named for the industrialist and philanthropist, is one of the major dormitories on campus. Obviously from the outside, with its brutalist architecture to match the theme of much of the campus, one can see that density and uniformity are its major traits. Every floor is virtually the same, with the same layout, nearly the same amenities, and absolutely the same wall colors and floor coverings. Expanses of white and gray are everywhere. The rooms are likewise similar. Two layouts for singles, two layouts for doubles, and one layout for triples ensure many rooms look just like each other, at least underneath the veneer of posters and belongings.
- UCP Student Union
- Wormington Hall (Lecture)
- Sigma Sigma Chi: Fraternity.
- Alpha Sigma Sigma: Sorority.
The University is located roughly at the intersection of Comet and Ash streets.
- You can +hangouts/jump UC Prospect
- You can also take the Metro and get off at the DCA stop. (Just get into the tube and type DCA)
- Academic schedule
UC Prospect is a branch campus of the UC system, offering over 200 undergraduate and graduate degree programs, enrolling about 22,700 undergraduate and 6,300 graduate students.
- Athletics: The UC Prospect Miners primarily participate at the NCAA's Division II level in the California Collegiate Athletic Association (CCAA).