|Full Name:||Joel David Sherman|
|Date of Birth:||November 7th, 1991|
2 dot merit. When someone tries to mislead or intimidate you, your social rolls are -2 difficulty and theirs are +2 difficulty.
Perc+Alertness for danger.
+3 dice; ignore one 1 on rolls of 8+ difficulty that could otherwise inflict 2+ lethal damage.
|Dogged by Fringe Media|
|Ghoulish Sense of Humor|
Interested in PVP (I mean, he's a Virtual Adept with an attitude; it would be unfair not to consent to it) so long as it makes a good story, and isn't just Joel as a random target because he can be loud and abrasive. Drivebys aren't really my jam. I'm not much of a TSer, and if I do TS, the person I'm TSing with will have explicit consent for it and it will be part of a relationship. If you don't have that consent, please don't throw yourself at the PC. It won't get you anywhere but Joel telling your PC to take a hike, using harsher words than that, and that can get exhausting. Thanks!
He showed up in town a while ago, with a strong Bostonian accent to match his personality. His past is rather hazy, but his present is well-advertised: the guy is everywhere on social media if anyone plugs in his name, and the deeper layers of the digital world might well reveal more. So far, California doesn't quite suit him, but it's possible very few places in the offline world would.
Geek Code (IC): GCS/IT/MC/SS d--- s:- a- C++++$ K++++>++++++ PS+++>$ !PE Y++$>+++ PGP+++$ tv-- b+++ G+++>$ e+++ h r- y+
"I'm playing go; [non-Technomancers are] playing chess; [Sorcerers are] playing checkers; the Sleepers are still stuck figuring out the rules for Candyland."
Someone to Joel: You get a lot of mileage out of your personality, don't you?"
Joel: "You can't imagine the mileage. From here to LA in seconds flat."
- Computers/Tech: Self-explanatory. He's a Virtual Adept; that Trinary deck has gotta be somewhere, after all.
- Throwback: Joel's fashion sense and general demeanor might seem like they're from another time. He's not anachronistic so much as he is consciously picking up the vibe of earlier cyberpunks and living within that ethos (Eccentric Appearance and Airhead flaws -- people might well have trouble taking him seriously upon first appearance).
- Daredevil: Need someone to have an impromptu drinking contest with? Joel won't turn down a calculated risk.
- Dogged by Fringe Media: Do you read weird shit on the Dark Web? You might have heard his name. Make it further into the Digital Web? Let's talk.
- Arumi -- Doc Brown.
- Arthur -- Free drinks 4 lyfe.
- Branton -- Tempered and forged.
- Brian -- Who knew Legolas was so long-winded? At least he took the hit for it.
- Creek -- Hard pass.
- Dawson -- Don't step over that line; hopefully it's still there.
- Emrick -- Who's more at fault, the guy who bricked up the walled garden, or the guy who has a ladder but won't climb out?
- Ethan -- Bona fides.
- Felicity -- Nail order bride.
- George -- Top shot.
- Gwydion -- The cavalry.
- Hardy -- Exactly what it says on the tin, but probably not just on the surface.
- Kaati -- A world traveler.
- Kaede -- Nice drawings, but Stick Figure Death Theater is cooler.
- Khol -- Inside out or outside in? Carthago non delenda est.
- Kristof -- I think my granddad likes Easy Rider.
- Kylie -- Insert stereotype about redheads here.
- Luke -- A whole year of this?! Not cool.
- Mikael -- Needs better taste in party flashers.
- Morgan -- De Rossi of De Rossi Stuff.
- Octava -- Not DTF.
- Oksana -- слишком застенчив (according to Google Translate).
- Phil -- It would have been a nice party.
- Ransom -- A real nice guy.
- Rian -- A new Boston Bruins fan, whether he knows it or not.
- Ross -- First Technomancer around. That's gonna leave a mark.
- Royce -- The pro-cop thing isn't cool. #ACAB
- Sabrina -- Good eye for detail.
- Simone -- How's the Lindsay Lohan Memorial Rehabilitation Tour going?
- Steele -- Extra cheesy. Talking about the pizza here, probably.
- Valentina -- Neither a dick nor a sham. (Pun intended.)
- Vasily -- Vladimir? Something like that. Probably into furries.
- Wick -- Good taste, Ollie.
- Xiu -- Nice... braids; steel-trap mind that's being wasted in the wilderness.
- Zazu -- Sharp guy. Shame about his girlfriend.
- Might Be Right -- White Reaper
- Total Entertainment Forever -- Father John Misty
- Modern Guilt -- Beck
- Fall on Me -- REM
- If I Could Talk I'd Tell You -- The Lemonheads
- Minority -- Green Day
- Extra-Ordinary -- Lost Leaders
- I'm Not Down -- The Clash
- What a Time to Be Alive -- Superchunk
- This Life -- Vampire Weekend
- Dear Madam Barnum -- XTC
- Watch Your Step -- Elvis Costello & The Attractions
- Calling Out -- Charlie Watts Riots
- Map Ref 41°N 93°W -- Wire
- Joel -- The Boo Radleys