Wiki Content Guidelines
Individual PCs and NPCs
Pages for individual PCs and NPCs should include one of the following:
- [[Category:PCs]] if they are or ever were a PC
- [[Category:NPCs]] if they are and always have been a NPC
and one of the following:
- [[Category:Potential PCs]] if they have never been approved
- [[Category:Active PCs]] if they are currently approved
- [[Category:Inactive PCs]] if they were unapproved for being 6+ months idle
- [[Category:Retired PCs]] if they voluntarily retired
- [[Category:Dead PCs]] if they were PKed
Including other categories for race, faction, etc. is allowed but optional.
- You are allowed to put false information here, especially [[Category:Mortals]] for PCs that are not actually plain vanilla mortals.
Pages for IC businesses should include [[Category:Business]].
Groups of PCs
Pages for groups of PCs should include [[Category:PC Groups]].
Pages for RP logs should include [[Category:Logs]] and their name should start with YYYY-MM-DD (based on the IC date). See Category:Logs for more info.
Please do not blank pages or remove the 'should include' categories entirely. Other players may still want to view them for historical reference.
- Instead, replace categories and/or edit content to indicate that they are no longer active.
- If your PC is named 'John' and there's already a page 'John' for a non-active PC named John Doe, then:
- That page should be renamed to 'John Doe'.
- All relevant transclusions and inbound links ("What links here" on the left) should be fixed to match.
- If you aren't 100 percent sure what all that means and how to do it correctly, then submit a +request instead.
- Exception: If it was abandoned before ever being completed/approved, then it's probably OK to blank.
Please do not replace [[Category:Active PCs]] if '+isapproved <name>' says they are still approved.
- Sometimes this will give misleading results because someone is temporarily renamed.
- You may want to occasionally double-check that your own pages are still correctly categorized.
- Using a RL actor/actress, model, etc. as your PB (Played By) is common and allowed. Active PCs should add theirs to the Played-Bys page.
- Don't upload a picture that someone is OOCly trying to sell. This has gotten the entire wiki temporarily blacklisted in the past.
- Don't display NSFW (Not Safe for Work) pictures on your main character page, instead put them on a separate page with a clear NSFW warning. If someone ignores the warning and then gets offended, that's their problem.
- Similarly, don't display an excessive number of pictures (especially with large file sizes) on your main character page, as that would slow down the wiki across the board. Instead, put them on a separate page with a clear image-gallery warning.