If you're new to the sphere, please review this Primer for Cliaths before proceeding further. This will give you an idea what to expect.
Decide what your character is like. On your +sheet, this is a short (29 character) synopsis.
|Breed||Gnosis||Gifts (pick one)|
|Homid||1||Master of Fire|
Smell of Man
|Auspice||Rage||Gifts (pick one)||Glory||Honor||Wisdom|
|Ragabash||1||Blur of the Milky Eye
Scent of Running Water
|Any combination totaling 3|
Scent of the True Form
Truth of Gaia
Call of the Wyld
|Black Spiral Dancers||Power||Infamy||Cunning|
- If you're Fallen, then set Faction = Wyrm and Tribe = Black Spiral Dancer. (If you ICly belonged to a different tribe before falling, then put that in a +note.)
- All others, set Faction = Gaian.
|Tribe||WP||Gifts (pick one)||Restricted||Required/Recommended|
|Black Fury||3||Breath of the Wyld
|Black Spiral Dancer*||3||"Rathead (gift)"
|Child of Gaia||4||Mercy
|Get of Fenris||3||Razor Claws
Visage of Fenris
|Glass Walker||3||Control Simple Machine
|Red Talon||3||Beast Speech
Scent of Running Water
Wolf at the Door
|Shadow Lord||3||Aura of Confidence
Seizing the Edge
|Silent Strider||3||Sense Wyrm
Speed of Thought
|Silver Fang||3||Falcon's Grasp
|N/A||Pure Breed 3+ (Required)|
|Wendigo||4||Call the Breeze
* If you set a +note that you were rank 1+ in another tribe and then walked the Spiral, then you can pick a starting gift from that tribe instead
|Stat||Baseline||Freebies per additional dot|
|Attributes||1 in each + 7/5/3||5|
|Gifts||1 breed, 1 auspice, 1 tribe||7 (level 1 only)|
Lupus may not spend baseline dots on the following Abilities, though they may be purchased later with Freebies:
- Skills: Crafts, Drive, Etiquette, Firearms
- Knowledges: Computer, Law, Linguistics, Politics, Science
Backgrounds: See Tribes Table for restrictions and requirements.
|Alternate Identity||Familiar Spirit|
See Auspice Table for Gaian Garou amounts.
When you are completed, you should reset the type of renown you do not use to nothing. For example: Gaian:
- +selfstat Power=
- +selfstat Temp Power=
- +selfstat Infamy=
- +selfstat Temp Infamy=
- +selfstat Cunning=
- +selfstat Temp Cunning=
And then for BSD:
- +selfstat Glory=
- +selfstat Temp Glory=
- +selfstat Honor=
- +selfstat Temp Honor=
- +selfstat Wisdom=
- +selfstat Temp Wisdom=
Characters start as Rank 1 (Cliath).
You may choose to start as a Cub (Rank 0) instead, in which case you start with 0 renown and no Gifts. When you reach Rank 1, you will earn these Gifts as a reward for completing your Rite of Passage. However, PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS FOR THE WRONG REASONS.
- Several players have played cubs; most of them got frustrated and gave up before advancing to Cliath.
- Playing a cub is highly restrictive to your RP, by necessity.
- Please OOCly talk to the ranking PC(s) in your tribe, as well as the PC Den Father/Mother, before applying for a cub.
- If you're unfamiliar with the source material, then playing a cub is generally not a good way to become familiar. Few players are interested in spending their RP time teaching you the most basic of basics; even if they agree to do so, they may not be around enough. The best way to become familiar is to read the main rulebook, Players Guide to Garou, and/or Kinfolk: Unsung Heroes, then apply for either a Cliath or kinfolk as you prefer.
Spend Freebie Points
Include merits and flaws if desired. You may get extra freebies from up to 7 points of flaws, or the sum of your two largest flaws, whichever is greater.