Choose Concept, Tradition (Convention for Technocrats), Essence, Nature, Demeanor
- Faction should be Traditions, Technocracy, Wyrm (for Malfean Nephandi), Nephandi (for other Nephandi), or None
- Tradition mages may also set Type (e.g. Reality Hacker)
- Technocrats may also set Methodology (e.g. Genegineer)
- Nephandi must set Type = Infernalist, Malfean, or K'llashaa
- Non-Nephandi with Faction = Wyrm (e.g. BSD kinfolk) should set a +note to that effect
- Non-Nephandi infernalists should set Type = Infernalist but Faction = something else, and also set a +note
- See house rules for context
Note: Applications for mages with the Kinfolk merit are closed for the foreseeable future. See Questionable Character Concepts for details.
Set +notes for paradigm and foci
- If someone ICly asked you how you perform magick, and you answered honestly and reasonably completely, what would you say?
- Guide to the Traditions pages 58-65 has suggestions
- Nephandi: Why do you believe the world should be destroyed?
|Stat||Baseline||Freebies per additional dot|
|Attributes||1 in each + 7/5/3||5|
|Arete||1||4 (max total 3)|
|Quintessence||equal to Avatar||+4 dots per freebie |
(requires Prime sphere, max total 20)
(not replaced once spent)
- Tradition mages should allocate at least one of the six dots to their Tradition's specialty sphere.
- Hollow Ones and Orphans still get a total of 6 dots baseline. (MtA 90: "Some Orphans, especially Hollow Ones, have no specialty sphere." Emphasis added.)
- List of specialty spheres by Tradition / Convention
Select Resonance Trait(s)
- Essence = Dynamic: at least one Resonance Trait should be of type Dynamic
- Essence = Pattern: at least one Resonance Trait should be of type Static
- Essence = Primordial: at least one Resonance Trait should be of type Entropic
- Essence = Questing: Resonance Trait(s) can be any of the above types
- Your Resonance Trait should not literally be "Dynamic", it should be a more specific adjective whose type is Dynamic (or whatever) - see above link for examples